Under the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), Accessible Canada Regulations, Canadian Transportation Regulations, and the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service (Manitoba), Keewatin Air LP Supports Accessible Customer Service for all.
Accessibility Plan Document
Accessible Customer Service Policy
Our Accessibility Plan Document considers and provides guidance, supported by the Accessible Customer Service Policy, on our steps to identify and remove barriers based on consultation. We consider the following areas in developing our policy and practices:
- The Built Environment
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Communication, other than ICT
- The Procurement of Goods, Services and Facilities
- The Design and Delivery of Programs and Services
Our Accessible Customer Service Policy includes the following pillars:
- We meet communication needs. We can communicate in different ways such as writing things down, reading things out loud, and taking extra time to explain.
- We accommodate the use of assistive devices. This includes mobility assistance items and communication or hearing devices.
- We welcome support persons. If a support person needs to pay a fare or service fee, we let the public know at the time of booking. Wherever possible, we do not charge admission or services fees to a service person.
- We allow service animals on our premises. Service animals must be under control of their handler.
- We maintain our accessibility features. We ensure our automatic sliding doors, accessible bathrooms, aisles, and entryways are accessible.
- We let the public know when and why an accessibility feature is temporarily unavailable. In the event an accessibility feature should be unavailable, we put up signs on site.
- We welcome and respond promptly to feedback. When we receive feedback on the accessibility of our services, we respond and document the feedback and actions we take. We provide the information to the person providing us feedback if they so choose.
- We provide training on accessible customer service as required by the Canadian Transportation Agency and the Manitoba Accessibility Standard. We keep records of our accessibility policy and accessibility training. Our full policy is available on request. Our Accessibility Training is conducted annually, and a summary of the content of this training is available on request.
You can provide feedback by speaking to one of our customer service agents, by visiting our website, or by contacting us:
Keewatin Air LP
Director, Business Development and Strategic Planning
50 Morberg Way
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0A4